The Banner

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

1977-06-1x New York, NY, USA - 8mm films Options · View
ssellers
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 2:19:23 AM

The film mentioned there :
http://www.ledzeppelin-database.com/geekbaseweb/sourceinfopage.aspx?sourceid=446
is not from june 10th but from june 11th and 14th.
Kashmir, Guitar Solo, Achilles Last Stand, Stairway To Heaven and Heartbreaker are from the 11th while The Song Remains The Same, Sick Again, The Battle Of Evermore, Whole Lotta Love and Rock And Roll are from the 14th. It can be determined by comparing the audio for each song : the audio was recorded by the camera.

It appears that the same person shot the two nights with the same equipment from approximately the same place. Later someone edited the two films together, putting all the tracks in a single-concert order.
Your Overlord
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 6:07:55 AM

ssellers wrote:
The film mentioned there :
http://www.ledzeppelin-database.com/geekbaseweb/sourceinfopage.aspx?sourceid=446
is not from june 10th but from june 11th and 14th.
Kashmir, Guitar Solo, Achilles Last Stand, Stairway To Heaven and Heartbreaker are from the 11th while The Song Remains The Same, Sick Again, The Battle Of Evermore, Whole Lotta Love and Rock And Roll are from the 14th. It can be determined by comparing the audio for each song : the audio was recorded by the camera.

It appears that the same person shot the two nights with the same equipment from approximately the same place. Later someone edited the two films together, putting all the tracks in a single-concert order.

Nice! clap

I knew that you would figure out that footage. I put off trying to figure it out a long time ago and then forgot that I needed to.

I will work on correcting this tonight.
Your Overlord
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 5:38:08 PM

You don't happen to have the length of the footage from each night do you?

Otherwise I am going to have to dig into the video and it will take me some time.

I am going to redo the screenshots and spilt this into two sources.
Your Overlord
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 7:02:26 PM

Ok, I broke the film up into two 30 min sources, created new screenshots for the 14th and assigned it to the correct boots.

The coolest thing about changing the dates on this source is that I can now create performance records for WLL and Rock and Roll for the 14th as those songs don't circulate in an audio source.Smile

Following changes to be reflected in version 1.2

Split the 60 MSG 77 video into two sources and changed its date from the 10th to the 11th and the 14th
Added screenshots for the MSG vid on teh 14th of Jun 1977
Flagged the boots that contained this newly created source.
Added performance records for Rock and Roll and WLL for Jun 14th 1977 based off of the MSG film being from this night
ssellers
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 11:43:27 PM

Your Overlord wrote:

The coolest thing about changing the dates on this source is that I can now create performance records for WLL and Rock and Roll for the 14th as those songs don't circulate in an audio source.Smile

Absolutely ! Same for the end of Heartbreaker on the 11th.

Remember you can find help there.