The Banner

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

1969-03-27 Bremen Germany Options · View
Crungy
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 6:49:55 AM

This was probably mentioned when the Bremen footage of BIGLY was uncirculated a coupla years back, but I thought I'd mention it again. There's a new dime torrent of Detroit's finest the MC5 from the Bremen Beat Club. Someone posted a link of an archive page from the Bremen archives and you can see Led Zeppelin "You Shook Me" underneath BIGLY. You should put this photo on the flair page.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/attachments/234755/3053662/Unseen%20Beat%20Club%202.jpg
Your Overlord
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 8:42:55 AM

Crungy wrote:
This was probably mentioned when the Bremen footage of BIGLY was uncirculated a coupla years back, but I thought I'd mention it again. There's a new dime torrent of Detroit's finest the MC5 from the Bremen Beat Club. Someone posted a link of an archive page from the Bremen archives and you can see Led Zeppelin "You Shook Me" underneath BIGLY. You should put this photo on the flair page.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/attachments/234755/3053662/Unseen%20Beat%20Club%202.jpg

That link isn't working for me.

I have been procrastinating on dealing with the lipsynced (sp?) videos for a while now since I haven't settled on exactly how to catalog them in the database.

Videos:

Swedish TV- Mar 14th 1969
Japanese TV Communication breakdown - May be from Thee Image Club in Miami, but not actual footage of one of those shows.
Houston 71
Charlotte 70
Beat Club

All of those videos are either lipsyncs or silent(without other audio to sync with) and how do I classify a performance of a song if there is no audio from it or if it wasn't actually played?

My rule for the database is that I never estimate or guess about performances. If there isn't commonly circulating audio for a given song then it isn't considered a performance. Otherwise the performance data would be diluted significantly. All of my queries that are used to list sources are based on whether or not a given show is recorded and it is only considered to be recorded if there are performances associated with it. This is certainly solvable, but I haven't dedicated the time to the issue yet.
Crungy
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 6:44:42 PM

Your Overlord wrote:

Your Overlord wrote:

I have been procrastinating on dealing with the lipsynced (sp?) videos for a while now since I haven't settled on exactly how to catalog them in the database.

Videos:

Japanese TV Communication breakdown - May be from Thee Image Club in Miami, but not actual footage of one of those shows.
Houston 71
Charlotte 70
Beat Club

All of those videos are either lipsyncs or silent(without other audio to sync with) and how do I classify a performance of a song if there is no audio from it or if it wasn't actually played?

My rule for the database is that I never estimate or guess about performances. If there isn't commonly circulating audio for a given song then it isn't considered a performance. Otherwise the performance data would be diluted significantly. All of my queries that are used to list sources are based on whether or not a given show is recorded and it is only considered to be recorded if there are performances associated with it. This is certainly solvable, but I haven't dedicated the time to the issue yet.

Yes, as a dyed in the wool constitutionalist I can only imagine how difficult it is for you to grapple with this dilemma. Obviously, the Beat Club and Japanese TV Communication Breakdown are in no way live performances and should technically be excluded from the database all together, but I'd still like to see these fake live bits included somewhow. Berlin 70, Charlotte 70, Houston 71 are live documents whose inclusion is essential to the spirit of the website. For right now maybe just leaving the silent videos in the video web page is good enough.
Your Overlord
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2009 6:35:52 AM

Crungy wrote:
Your Overlord wrote:

Your Overlord wrote:

Videos:

Houston 71
Charlotte 70
Beat Club

Yes, as a dyed in the wool constitutionalist I can only imagine how difficult it is for you to grapple with this dilemma. Obviously, the Beat Club and Japanese TV Communication Breakdown are in no way live performances and should technically be excluded from the database all together, but I'd still like to see these fake live bits included somewhow. Berlin 70, Charlotte 70, Houston 71 are live documents whose inclusion is essential to the spirit of the website. For right now maybe just leaving the silent videos in the video web page is good enough.

Laughing

Yes, as a constitutionalist not being able to establish a consistent way of dealing with things in the database does bother me.

I think that all of this stuff should be inlcuded in some way, but the miming stuff maybe should be treated like the studio outtakes(that I haven't touched yet) since they aren't really associated with a performance.

Thanks for the picture. I'll include it somehow.Wink