The Banner

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

1969-07-20 Cleveland, Ohio Music Carnival - the day man landed on the moon Options · View
wddcpa
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 8:32:17 PM

I was at the concert on July 20, 1969.

It was held in a 'theater in the round' that was beneath a tent, like a small circus tent. It was a summer place for live shows. It was a small place and we saw the bands up close. This was part of the Led Zeppelin's first US tour, so it was before they attracted the huge crowds. After the concert I witnessed the first moon walk. Fortunately, it was delayed for several hours so I didn't miss seeing it live.

I recall that the band played Communication Breakdown even though it doesn't appear on your playlist.

I remember that Robert Plant wore snake skin boots that went up to the knee.
Your Overlord
Posted: Friday, July 24, 2009 8:17:33 AM

wddcpa wrote:
I was at the concert on July 20, 1969.

It was held in a 'theater in the round' that was beneath a tent, like a small circus tent. It was a summer place for live shows. It was a small place and we saw the bands up close. This was part of the Led Zeppelin's first US tour, so it was before they attracted the huge crowds. After the concert I witnessed the first moon walk. Fortunately, it was delayed for several hours so I didn't miss seeing it live.

I recall that the band played Communication Breakdown evne though it doesn't appear on your playlist.

I remember that Robert Plant wore snake skin boots that went up to the knee.

Cool. You were lucky to have been there. It was actually Zeppelin's third US tour, but it was before the second album came out so they still hadn't really exploded yet.

I wonder if Communication Breakdown was played as an encore and the taper just missed it.